Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Fall Social

Friday night our church held a fall social. It was fun for the kids to have a reason to dress up and get candy. There were plenty of carnival type games for the kids. They had a bunch of kids games set up, as well as a bonfire and smaller fires for roasting marshmallows. They served burgers and hot dogs, and there was a ton of homemade desserts from the folks in the church. They also had a hay bale maze set up. This is where the kids spent the most time. It was so much fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's fun. We had a Reformation Day celebration at our church with games and a viewing of the later Luther film. Poor John loved the 1950's version, but was grossed out by this later, graphic version. Kate and Randy went as Dartagnon and Porthos from the Three Musketeers. John was a monk. Much as I hate to admit it, I think I would've rather attended the Air Force hockey game. It was fun to hang out with some of our new friends. I'm glad you all had a good time. The kids looked great! Good to see you all.

Lee

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun...I miss the days when my kids were young enough to want to do things like this as a family. This year all four kids had something different to do and Bill and I ended staying home alone!