Monday, June 30, 2008

Fun in the Sun


The rain is gone and it was a bright beautiful summer day! The kids splashed and played in the wading pool all afternoon. After the storms and flooding we have seen so much of lately, it felt so nice to play outside and soak in the sun!



For snack we had a real summery treat, watermelon! The perfect swimming snack, because it is just as messy as it is tasty. After they finish I can just toss them back into the pool...no cleanup!








The yard is so pretty right now. We were treated to all sorts of nice surprises blossoming from every corner of the yard in the spring and earlier in the summer, but there are no flowers right now. Nevertheless while I was mowing today I enjoyed so much how green and full everything is.


I tackled a rather big (for me) baking task today...I baked a from scratch Chocolate Butter Cake (recipe from The Joy of Baking-here's a link: Baking & Dessert Recipes & Photos - Joyofbaking.com). I like to cook very much but I do not bake nearly as much as I cook. And yes, it was as good as it looks! Want some?

No comments: