Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Additions

We adopted two hamsters.

They are brothers named Max and Gus.

Nobody can tell them apart except for Maya.





They are very gentle, and that's a good thing because Marky is sorta rough in the handling.



Please excuse the blurry pictures, these little dudes move fast!



I think it's funny when they crawl into the paper tubes. I wonder what they think about it? Perhaps it becomes unsettling when I lift the tubes up into the air?

Their tails gross me out.


Here's a short video. They are cute, huh?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute! I'll give you a little warning, though--once Doug's hamster got stuck in a TP tube. It was so tight he couldn't breath and started making these little squeaky-wheezy sounds. We had to rip it about a centimeter at a time (he was a teddybear hamster, and had long fur. I was afraid I was going to rip his fur out). You may want to be careful not to leave the tubes in their cage when you're not there to keep an eye on them. My kids are all looking forward to meeting Max and Gus!